2021-01-08 11:24:34 UTC
The Milky Way zips along a galactic orbit at an average speed of about 514,000 miles per hour (828,000 km/hr).
- These were detected by ground-based telescopes and are now thought to be thin layers on top of the 'bedrock' water ice.
- The planet is mostly swirling gases and liquids.
- Enceladus is one of the major inner moons of Saturn along with Dione, Tethys, and Mimas.
- Every now and then, something disturbs one of these icy worlds and it begins a long fall toward our sun.
- It takes 365.25 days to complete one trip around the sun.
- Winds are retrograde at the equator, blowing in the reverse direction of the planet's rotation.
- Earth is the third planet from the sun and the fifth largest in the solar system.
- The top cloud is probably made of ammonia ice, while the middle layer is likely made of ammonium hydrosulfide crystals.
This is the case for Earth as well; craters on our planet are eroded by the relentless forces of flowing liquid (water, in Earth's case) and wind.