2021-09-12 04:48:21 UTC
And Uranus makes a complete orbit around the sun (a year in Uranian time) in about 84 Earth years (30,687 Earth days).
- Earth is composed of four main layers, starting with an inner core at the planet's center, enveloped by the outer core, mantle and crust.
- Water is an essential ingredient for life as we know it.
- The connection and interactions between the sun and Earth drive the seasons, ocean currents, weather, climate, radiation belts and aurorae.
- And as one of just two bodies between Earth and the sun, Venus periodically passes across the face of the sun — a phenomenon called a transit.
- Io is the most volcanically active body in the solar system.
- Nowadays they occasionally fall toward the Sun and become short-period comets.
- Cassini showed that at least some of Saturn's aurorae are like Jupiter's and are largely unaffected by the solar wind.
- If water ice permeated the entire planet, Mars could have substantial subsurface layers of frozen water.
NASA's MErcury Surface, Space ENvironment, GEochemistry, and Ranging (MESSENGER) mission flew by Mercury three times in 2008-2009 and has been in orbit around the planet since 18 March 2011.